Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 13 - May 15, 2008

With all of the company visits out of the way, today was a relaxing day around the "Bavarian" city of Nuremburg. First, we took a guided tour of the old city, inside the old Medieval wall. After being painstakingly dragged through the city by a British tour guide, we got to each lunch at a place that had really famous sausages and miscellanous other cuisine.

But then came the good part: We got to explore the city, and buy some stuff. Last time I was in Germany I got a really nice, high quality (aka... expensive) pair of Adidas sunglasses, but I left them in a restuarant in Kansas last June, which just makes me hate the godforsaken state even more. Luckily, I was able to replace them today, which I was really happy about. They're so nice, feel light on the face (my wallet is unfortunately lighter as well), and have great sun protection. No buyer's remorse here. I also picked up a gift or two for the family.

After the train ride back just about everyone went to Murphy's Law bar for Karaoke night. It was amazing! Besides the fact that everyones' lips get looser when alcohol is involved, no one was really shy about it. At one point all 18 or 20 of us got up and sung Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer", which was amazing. Some other chart toppers were: Steve, Mike, and Jens singing ABBA "Dancing Queen", Jeff, Erica, Emily, and Jana singing Backstreet Boys "The Call", and Jens and Jeff singing Oasis "Wonderwall." Outside the bar we talked to some guys who were loving us Americans and singing. We're stars!

No comments: